Money Mentoring Information
The Cambridge Community House is funded by the Ministry of Social Development (MSD) to provide a Money Mentoring Service. Our Money Mentors have been trained to a high standard, and continue to receive regular ongoing training. This is a free service.
What we DO:
- Provide expert advice and share our knowledge of other resources
- Treat your information confidentially
- Ask a lot of questions in order to understand your situation best.
- Help you to prepare a financial plan of action
- Contact and negotiate with other parties e.g. – creditors and other relevant parties
What we DO NOT do:
- Take control of your money
- Lend you money
- Tell you what to do
If you decide to make an appointment below is a list of information to bring on your first visit.
What you need to bring to your first budgeting appointment:
Evidence of what you earn
(pay Slip or Work and Income benefit breakdown or Bank Statement)
Information about your outgoings
- Latest Bank Statement
- Rent/Mortgage/Board Costs
- Recent Accounts; Power, Phone etc
- Finance Agreements
- Hire Purchase Contracts
- Court Fines or Proceedings
- Credit Card Statements